Major benefits offered by compression testing are as under-
- Evaluation of batch quality
- Better consistency prediction in production or manufacture
- Help in design process
- Reduced material costs
- Achieve lean manufacturing goals
- Ensuring compliance with international and national standards
Compression testing plays important role in the construction industry and engineers and technicians get help and obtain precise results if compressive strengths of concrete.
Why technicians perform compressive strength test of materials?
There are solid reasons behind concrete compressive strength testing-
- The compressive strength of concrete cube offers relevant data of potential strength of the material used for making it.
- It helps in determining the right proportion of materials used in forming a mix to achieve a desired strength.
- It helps in determining the time of taking the concrete structure into service.
- Technicians also get to know the rate of gain of concrete strength when cubes are crushed at different intervals of time.
There are certain parameters that affect the concrete compression strength. Some factors are explained briefly below-
- Storage and transportation
Other than these, cement packaging, aggregates, workability of concrete, compaction, etc. are also considered as important factors.
Compression testing machine is available in different capacity and design. You can have more information about the product online.